Monday 21 July 2014

Blogger Interviews #2 - Catherine from Counter Pretty


Its time for the second part of my blogger interviews! This week I talked to Catherine form Counter Pretty! She started her blog back in May and is 18 years old attending the university of Birmingham. She has lots of amazing content as well as having a gorgeous layout  so go and check it out! Anyway on with the interview!


 'What is your blog called and what is it about?'

My blog is called Counter Pretty (counterpretty.blogspot.com). 
The name is kind of odd but I went on a random name generator and this came out, I could pretend it had something to do with beauty counters but it doesn't. Sometimes I'm tempted to change the name but that seems a lot of effort and I suppose it's a short and simple name. It's a beauty blog with the occasional random chatty post, but I like to focus on bargain products.

'Why did you want to start your blog?'

I started my blog because it's something I'd wanted to do for ages. Before I bought a product I would always read through beauty blogs to find reviews and they were something I loved to read. But it annoyed me how a lot of blogs mainly review higher end products that I could never afford which I why I try and concentrate my blog on bargains and cheap products that I wanted to hear about myself. I'd ummed and aahed about it for years and eventually I just decided to take the plunge. Someone asked me what the worst that could happen was, and I realised that the worst thing that could happen would be if no-one read it, and I talk to myself all the time anyway so that wouldn't be an issue. It started just as something to do over summer but then I ended up getting followers and found the beauty blogging community which I LOVE and I intend to stick around as long as possible.

'What’s some other blogs you like and where do you take inspiration from?'


Oh god this is so hard because I like a LOT of blogs! I absolutely love Miss Makeup Magpie, A Yellow Brick Blog, Love from Be, My Pale Skin and Tale of a Pale Face, Drugstore Obsession and Dolly Birds and Bows. If I'm honest the list could go on forever as I haven't actually found a blog I don't like really, but these are ones that stick out to me and I love and read all of the time. I'm now going to end up in a guilt obsession over blogs I didn't mention but also love.  I try and use my own inspiration when writing my blog as I want to make sure that my writing sounds like me and is personal to me. I do love reading other blogs to get ideas for products to buy and review so I guess a lot of my buying inspiration comes from other bloggers.

'What are you hoping for in the future?'

I have no idea! I really really love blogging and the blogging community. I've organised a meet up for August and I can't wait to meet other bloggers then and network more. Obviously I want my blog to grow as much as possible as it's such a warm fuzzy feeling when you reach a follower milestone or someone likes a post. But right now I'm just learning and trying to make my blog as lovely and good as I can make it. I would love to get better at photography as well and grow my youtube channel. But right now I just want to carry on enjoying it!


What is your favourite thing about blogging?

I've banged on about this a lot but honestly some of the people I've met (online at least) through blogging have been the sweetest people. Recent scandals have came about and obviously not everyone is ever going to be nice in any community. But bloggers seem to be the sweetest people in general and I love taking part in twitter chats and just getting to know the people behind the blogs. 

'Whats your social media links?'

You can follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12302553
My twitter is: twitter.com/CounterPretty
and my brand new youtube is: youtube.com/user/counterpretty
I also have Pinterest but I have absolutely no idea how to use it!
Also I'd like to put in a thank you to the lovely Chloe for interviewing me :)


I hope you are all enjoying this new feature! I'm really loving getting to know more bloggers in the community from all different areas. Id like to thank Catherine for taking part so make sure you go and check out all her links! And remember I am carrying on this feature so if you want an interview email me here chloedeyes123@gmail.com !

Thanks for reading!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea of a blogpost, I think I will try something out similar in the future!x

    ReplyDelete